Recommended candidates for 44th BCS non-cadre posts today warned of launching tougher programmes if the Bangladesh Public Service Commission (PSC) does not send their files to the public administration ministry within the next few days.
In a press release issued today, the candidates said their representatives met the PSC chairman on May 7, when he assured them that the files would be forwarded to the ministry by mid-May.
However, they alleged that despite the deadline having already passed, the files still remain with the commission.
The representatives had met the chairman after around 50 recommended candidates formed a human chain in front of the PSC gate on May 7, demanding the immediate release of their files.
According to the candidates, PSC officials are still saying that the files are under “processing”, the same explanation given before the demonstration.
In the press release, they said the explanation was no longer convincing as there had been no visible progress despite repeated assurances from the commission.
The PSC published the 44th BCS non-cadre recommendations on February 19 this year. But according to the candidates, files of 2,968 recommended candidates are yet to be forwarded to the ministry.
They said the delay has created anxiety among candidates, as verification, medical tests, gazette publication, and final appointments cannot begin until the files reach the ministry.
The candidates also noted that such files are usually sent within 15 to 35 days after the publication of results.
They further expressed concern that the delay could create complications regarding seniority.
According to them, medical tests for 45th BCS non-cadre candidates have already been scheduled, while the files of 44th BCS candidates are still pending with the PSC.
“If candidates from the 45th BCS join before those recommended from the 44th BCS, it may create administrative complications over seniority,” the press release said.
The candidates had urged the PSC to immediately release the files and complete the processes of verification, medical tests, gazette publication, and appointments within May.
Earlier, PSC Public Relations Officer SM Matiur Rahman told the media that the commission was scrutinising information submitted by the recommended candidates.
He said the process was taking additional time, particularly for technical non-cadre posts.
The 44th BCS recruitment process has already faced multiple delays since the circular was published on November 30, 2021. The preliminary results were published in June 2022, while written examinations were held between December 2022 and January 2023.
The written test results were published on April 3, 2024, followed by viva voce examinations conducted in two phases. The final cadre results were revised three times before the non-cadre recommendations were finally published in February this year.